Friday, May 29, 2009

Prayer in Schools

"Don't pray in my school and I won't think in your church"


I have seen the above bumper sticker a few times. I'm not altogether sure that I disagree with it. Church is for learning spiritual values and school is for getting an education.

The truth is that we live in America and like it or not, other people have the freedom to choose their religion.

If you want to reach out to America's youth their are many ways to do it but trying to force prayer back into the public school system seems like a waste of time. It's illegal and it's not going to happen. Following man's law shows reverence for our Heavenly Father.

In the end the only person I have to answer for is myself. I don't need to control what everyone else thinks or believes in order to be secure in my own faith.

0 comments: